Table of Contents
- Team Canada Inc - Exportsource
- Canada Border Services Agency - SME Information Centre
- Western Economic Diversification Canada - Export Resources for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs
- Exporting Your Products and Services
- The Canadian Trade Commissionner Service - Infoexport
- Industry Canada - Trade and Investment
- RBC Royal Bank -Online Definite Guide to Exporting for Small Businesses
- HSBC's Trade Resource Centre
- EDC Export Diagnostic Tool - EXPORTAble?
Export readiness assessment tool
- EDC - ExportCheck
Check the credit profile of your foreign buyer with EXPORT Check--quick, secure and affordable.
- Juris International
This database offers access to essential information on international trade law including full-text international legal instruments, over 150 model contracts, dispute resolution centres and a network of business lawyers.
Export Market Research
These sites contain detailed market reports, trade statistics and export information on several different countries.
- Canadian Business Online
- Trade Team Canada Sectors
- Strategis - Market Research
- Alberta Government’s Electronic Business Intelligence Service [EBIS]
- Alberta Agriculture, Food and Rural Development - Trade information
- Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Information and market research for exporters of housing products and services.
- The Economist Country Briefings
- U.S. Central Intelligence Agency - World Fact Book
- I.E.Canada - Websites for Exporters
- UNCTAD/WTO Country Information
- Global Edge
- Canada - US Relations Web Site
- Interactive Tariff and Trade DataWeb
U.S.Tariff Database, direct access to trade data, lookup for HTS/SIC/SITC/NAICS/End-Use descriptions, translation between HTS codes and those for SIC, SITC and NAICS classifications, and more.
- U.S. Customs Ports of Entry
- U.S. Vehicle Import Regulations
- Doing Business in the NAFTA Region
- Cross Border Movement of Business Persons
- How to cross the U.S. border on business
- U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
- FAC - Regional Information (Latin America and the Caribbean)
This site provides information on the Latin American and Caribbean countries, Canada-Latin America and Caribbean relationships and direct access to the Web Sites of Canada's Embassies and Offices in Latin American and the Caribbean.
- Doing Business with Mexico
- The Canadian Council of the Americas - Alberta
- FAC – Regional Information (CanadaEuropa)
This site provides information on the European countries, Canada-Europe relationships and direct access to the Web Sites of Canada's Embassies and Offices in Europe.
EU statistical information service.
- Europages - The European Business Directory
- European Committee For Standardization
On-line Catalogue of European Standards
- EU Tariff database
- U.K. HM Customs and Excise
- FAC - Regional Information (Asia Pacific)
This site provides information on the Asia Pacific countries, Canada-Asia Pacific relationships and direct access to the websites of Canada's Embassies and Offices in Asia.
- Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Australian Customs Services
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Taiwan Trade
Business database and trade information for Taiwan
- FAC - Regional Information (Sub-Saharan Africa)
This site provides information on the Sub-Saharan African countries, Canada-Africa relationships and direct access to the Web Sites of Canada's Embassies and Offices in Africa.
- FAC - ITCan - Regional Information (Middle East and North Africa)
This site provides information on the Middle-Eastern and African countries, their relationships with Canada and direct access to the Web Sites of Canada's Embassies and Offices in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Centre for Intercultural Learning Information on business etiquette in foreign markets.
- Executive Planet
Essential business culture knowledge for the business traveller.
- Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands: How to Do Business in 60 Countries
- Cultural Profiles
Country Fact Sheets
- Forum for International Trade Training (F.I.T.T.)
Canada's Centre for International Trade Training Courses
- Planning a Business Trip Abroad
- Alberta's Calendar of Export-Related Events
- TSNN.com - Tradeshow Resource
- Six ways to prepare for a trade fair
The following links are government, crown corporation and private companies that specialize in loans, lines of credit and other services for exporters. More private sources of financing may be found through the Canadian banks.
- AFSC Commercial
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Information on contracts in developing countries
- Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
Provides insurance and financing for Canadian exporters as well as detailed country reports
- Northstar Trade Finance Inc.
- Canadian Heritage - Trade Routes
Funding for Canadian arts and cultural enterprises and non-profit organizations
- ITCan - Arts promotion Programs
All of the following sites connect to information on financing, letters of credit and documentary collections, methods of transferring payment and reducing risks, and foreign exchange. By exploring what each bank has to offer, an exporter/importer can determine which services are offered by the international business or trade divisions of various Canadian banks.
- Bank of Montreal Tradevenue
- CIBC Trade Finance
- HSBC Trade Services
- RBC Royal Bank International Business Centre
- Scotiabank International Trade Finance
- TD Global Trade Finance
- World Customs Organization
Customs information and links to foreign customs administrations.
- Canada Border Services Agency
Information for exporters from Canada customs.
- Export and Import Controls
- Standards Council of Canada - Export Alert!
- The Canadian Society of Customs Brokers
- Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association
- Transportation Links on the Web
- Société Générale de Surveillance
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME)
- Organization of Businesswomen in Trade (OWIT)
- World Chambers of Commerce
- World Trade Magazine